Van Damme Twin-Axial Speaker Cable 1M -Blue
- Van Damme Blue Series Studio Grade Speaker Cable 2 x 6mm (3AWG) twin-axial type overall cable diameter is 14mm. Conductor Resistance 3.20 Ohm/Km conductor stranding 189/0.20mm working voltage: 300/500V weight 250 kg/km. Part number: 268-565-060.
- Applications: studio monitoring guitar amplifier to speaker and other installations where LS0H / LSZH (Low Smoke Zero Halogen) is not a requirement.
- Bare ultra pure oxygen free copper (UPOFC) conductors for high efficiency signal transmission PVC insulation and special flexible PVC composite jacket.
- Please note: 2 x 6mm refers to: the two (2 - Red and Blue Shielded) copper conductors which are 6mm2 each. According to this the copper conductor's diameter is ~ 2.76mm.
- Recommended connectors: Banana plug Spade connector Mono / Stereo Jack Neutrik XLR Speakon.
This Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 6 mm (3AWG) core - Speaker Cable is part of the popular cable range and ideal for satellite speakers or situations that require a small diameter cable. Total cable diameter is 14.0mm.
The industry standard Van Damme range of blue series 2 core speaker cables has now been comprehensively upgraded. They now feature finer stranded conductors and utilise the latest PVC composite jacket materials to provide the highest level of flexibility married with totally efficient signal transmission. This range of cables is ideal for rehearsal and recording studio applications but is equally at home. The new 2 x 6mm type is ideally suited to long runs of low impedance speaker signals in installations.
Van Damme now use a higher purity oxygen free copper for the conductors - Ultra-Pure Oxygen Free Copper. The use of this material further improves the solderability and conductivity of the conductor resulting in faithful and transparent signal reproduction.
In common with most cables of its type PVC is used for the conductor insulation. As speaker signals are essentially relatively high DC voltages a low dielectric constant is not a priority. The PVC polymers used by Van Damme maximise the flexibility heat resistance and stress resistance characteristics of PVC to ensure that there is a minimum of insulation shrinkback when soldering and a high level of flexibility even after years of use and abuse. The overall jacket material is a neoprene heavy special PVC composite that has an almost rubberised quality. This jacket is high pressure extruded over the 2 twisted inner conductors to create a robust extremely flexible speaker cable that has excellent coilability in use.